Italian Sausage Spaghetti

I have an aversion to bland meat sauce seasoned with green peppers (I think this is from the time I spent in the dorms at UVic).  So over the years, I have tweaked this recipe and I am pretty satisfied with this version.  The italian sausage and fresh basil add a deep, rich flavour to this dish.
Ingredients
2 pkgs ground italian sausage (hot or mild)
6 cloves garlic minced
1 red onion chopped
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
1 tsp fresh thyme
6 fresh oregano leaves chopped finely
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 jar of spagetti sauce (any variety)
s & p to taste
pasta cooked in well salted water
fresh grated parmesan

Directions

Saute sausage, garlic and onion till meat is browned.  Add herbs, tomatoes, paste, sauce and s & p.  Let simmer for at least 1 hour. Serve over pasta and top with grated parmesan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Potato Salad

The Best BBQ Rub

This weekend's menu ... and adventures